Matthew Gates wrote:
On Sunday 06 November 2005 22:19, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

Matthew Gates wrote:

Hi.

I started using LyX some time ago for stuff like letters and my CV.
Recently I started a rather bigger project - the Stellarium User
Guide. Everything's going pretty well, and I've learnt a lot about
stuff like using bibtex and how to make indexes with sub-items etc. All good.

But there are a couple of problems I can't work out.

I get errors in pagination. Some of my pages have stuff that goes
over the page number and even below it off the bottom of the page! Exactly what happens seems to depend on where my figures and tables
get put.  I have quite a few images which are all in floats, and a
fair few tables  - also in floats.  It seems that when the large
floats get put near to one another I get the error.  It can be seen
most clearly on page 9 of the PDF version.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

http://porpoisehead.net/mysw/index.php?pgid=stellarium_user_guide

Matthew

Don't know that you are doing anything wrong.  I downloaded your source
tarball.  The document displays correctly as DVI and PDF (dvipdfm), but
the pagination is hosed using PDF (pdflatex).  So maybe you're doing
something very subtly wrong, maybe there's a glitch in pdflatex, or
maybe the planet's are simply not in alignment (sorry, couldn't
resist).
Anyway, as a work-around you might consider using dvipdfm to generate
the PDF file.

Paul

Thanks for looking at it. There's something very curious going on... I get the problem with DVI as well as PDF---preview using control-D still has the problem.

Oops, my mistake. Turns out dvipdfm didn't do the job either. I was using page 9 as the canary in the mine shaft. Both View->DVI and dvipdfm got page 9 right, but pages 11 and 13 overflowed.

Back to poking around when time permits.

Paul