Sven Schreiber ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> There is no way that they switch OS because we need some specialized
> apps that only run under Windows. (Please don't reply with hints on
> wine, qemu, etc., I've tried it all.)

What app you have that don't run under vmware?

> Bottom line: If Angus (and Ruurd before him) hadn't developed Lyx for
> Windows,> I still would use Linux to some extent, but not for Lyx: I would
> NOT use Lyx
> for serious work. (Instead I would probably use Scientific Word for
> which btw I have a valid license and still prefer Lyx.)

How this one can hold water...

What is the logic to "...use Linux to some extent, but not for Lyx...", and
use LyX for win32 ?

People are using LyX/LaTeX for SERIOUS work, not to write 1-page letter,
and I don't understand for what you would use LyX if there would not be
win32 port?

Sincerely,
Gour

--