Well, OK, thanks anyway, but this is Lamport-style, standard LaTeX.  One of
the aims of the AMS package, though, is to provide resources that render
mathematical display that is aesthetically more appealing than standard
LaTeX...

Just for you to notice the difference between array and subarray environments
in this case, I'm attaching a small .tex file which compares both instances.

Cheers.

--
Rudi Gaelzer
Department of Physics
Institute of Physics and Mathematics
Federal University of Pelotas
Caixa Postal 354 - Campus UFPel
96010-900 Pelotas - RS
Phone: +55-53-3275-7468
FAX:   +55-53-3275-7343
Registered linux user # 153741
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\begin{document}
Tests multline subscripts both with array and subarray environments.
\begin{displaymath}
\mbox{With array:}\left.\frac{\partial^2 f(x,y)}{\partial x \partial y}\right|_{%
   \begin{array}{l}
      x = x_0 \\
      y = y_0
   \end{array}}
\qquad
\mbox{With subarray:}\left.\frac{\partial^2 f(x,y)}{\partial x \partial y}\right|_{%
   \begin{subarray}{l}
      x = x_0 \\
      y = y_0
   \end{subarray}}