Am Montag, 28. November 2005 20:02 schrieb Stefan Brunner:

> i have a latex file that uses the g-brief template so when trying to
> run relyx in the command line i get
>
> -- snip --
> (offer_de.tex: Splitting Preamble
> Creating LyX preamble
> Cannot find layout file g-brief.layout in dir(s) /Applications/
> LyX.app/Contents/Resources/lyx/layouts
> -- snip --
>

> is it possible (or first - would this solve my problem?)  to install
> g-brief.layout ?

This file does not exist. Use g-brief-de.layout or g-brief-en.layout
instead, they both use the g-brief document class.

I think you can call reLyX with

reLyX -c g-brief-de myfile.tex myfile.lyx

If that does not help, copy g-brief-de.layout to g-brief.layout (but that
would make the resulting document nonportable).

You might also want to have a look at tex2lyx (see
http://wiki.lyx.org/LaTeX/LatexToLyx, because reLyX is rather limited),
but that would have the same problem and the same solution:

tex2lyx -c g-brief-de myfile.tex myfile.lyx

Georg