"Angus Leeming" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> YOUNES Abdelrazak wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > My Miktex install is very complete so I don't want to download the full
> > package. The path to latex.exe is in the system wide path
> > (D:\program\texmf\miktex\bin), is there anything I could do to tell the
> > installer it's there? Maybe adding a registry key or something?
>
> You should be able to add the path directly in the installer...

This was the small installer from Uwe in which you cannot specify the latex
path. Sorry for the confusion.

> Does any of that make sense/help?

Well not in this case but thanks anyway :-).

> > OT: Is there a chance that a package with lyx 1.4 is done ? I am very
> > much interested in the XML DocBook capability.
>
> No 1.4 is a work in progress, although it's making great progress at the
> moment.

I might try to compile it with gcc or Visual C++ 6 (with StlPort). I have
noticed the project file for VC2003, so it might work for VC6 also.

Thanks,
Abdel.