Hi Bob,

Drop Box wrote:

> Thanks so much for the article!  It is very well-written, and it answered

Great, and thanks for the flowers :-)

> (Arrow labels are by default are centered according to the midpoints of the
> corresponding objects.  If one object label is large and the other is small,
> the arrow label will be off-center with respect to the midpoint of the
> actual arrow.)
>
> The only workaround I've found is adding to the preamble
> \newcommand{\uc}[2]{#1^-{#2}}
> \newcommand{\lc}[2]{#1_-{#2}}

The simpler workaround is just to use "\ \ \ p" or "p\ \ \ \ " as label. The
effect
of the first is that label p will be shifted to the right, of the second that
it is
shifted to the left. Use as many "\ " as desired. "\hskip<measure><label>" and
"<label>\hskip<measure>" will work likewise.

> P.S.  H. Peter's article is very nice, but after all the Google searching I
> did, it never came up.  I wonder if there's anything that could be done to
> increase its pagerank.

I wrote this article
http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~gumm/LyX/xypic/xypic.pdf.
as my first LyX-experiment - and that happened just a few weeks ago. Until
yesterday,
when Uwe pointed the wiki to it,, there was no external link to it.  Now it
waits for
the google bots to pay it a visit. If you want to increase its rank, thanks.

Peter