On 12/7/05, John Pye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wouldn't it make sense to make this the default setting in the standard
> Lyx templates?
>
> > The best solution is to use the /cm-super/ or /latin modern
> > (lm)/-fonts. (The LaTeX community plans to replace /ec/ by /lm/.)
> > Every LaTeX distribution offers to install these fonts.
> > To use "lm" in LyX documents, add to the preamble
> >
> >       \usepackage{lmodern}
> >
> > and set the document font to "standard".

I think developers are using the standard latex defaults with work
very well with dvi and postscript  output (and printers) for the
majority of users. If you want pdf output then you change your font
manually.

Maybe what the developers could do is add more fonts to the Layout
-Document-Font & Size dialog