----- Original Message ----- From: "Angus Leeming" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Geoffrey Lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: WinInstaller 0.51

> Me neither. However, there *is* a problem with the lyxpreview2ppm.py
> script when the path to the executable contains spaces. Perhaps you
> could see if the attached patch fixes things?

I would love to help but I am not in a position, or experienced enough, to
compile from scratch - sorry.

You don't need to. You need only modify the file
    C:\Program Files\LyX\Resources\lyx\scripts\lyxpreview2ppm.py
by hand (using your favourite editor), replacing the line that is prefixed
with a '-' character with those prefixed with a '+'. Removing that '+' of
course ;-)

The file in question is a Python script that is processed by python.exe on the
fly. No compilation necessary.

However this does sound like it could be the route of the problem.

So test it.

Angus

Ok sorry for my ignorance of how to use the diff. I have now made the changes and it does indeed solve the problem.

Instant Preview now works with the installation at C:\Program Files\Lyx (the default)