Nicolas,

My question earlier today is somewhat similar, so for the two arguments I have
no answer yet. You can find layout examples in /usr/share/lyx/layouts (or
somewhere close). Other examples are at:
www.troubleshooters.com/linux/lyx/index.htm
www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg12544.hmtl
If you want I can send you an example which I use for 1.4.0cvs but this can
only serve as an example, it will not work since it requires other files which
I can not distribute (I did post another example a while ago).

Maarten