Try,

\usepackage{fancyheadings}

in the Preamble.

Make sure you have the latest memoir class package.

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/memoir/

- Marc

Steve Litt wrote:

Hi all,

Be aware that fancyhdr doesn't work with the Memoir document class. It gives an error about so and so already defined.

Memoir has its own functions that accomplish the same thing as fancyhdr. What I do is set my LyX document to "plain" page type in LyX, and then code how "plain" does headers. Here's my header code for my book:

\renewcommand{\partmark}[1]{\markboth{\footnotesize{}Part \thepart : #1}{}}
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [#1]{#2}\partmark{#1}}
\renewcommand{\chaptermark}[1]{\markright{\small{}#1}}
\renewcommand{\sectionmark}[1]{}

\makepagestyle{pgonly}
\makeoddfoot{pgonly}{}{\thepage}{}
\makeoddfoot{pgonly}{}{\thepage}{}
\makeevenfoot{pgonly}{}{}{}
\makeevenfoot{pgonly}{}{}{}

\aliaspagestyle{part}{pgonly}
\aliaspagestyle{chapter}{pgonly}

\makeevenhead{plain}{\leftmark}{}{\thepage}
\makeoddhead{plain}{\thepage}{}{\rightmark}
\makeevenfoot{plain}{}{}{}
\makeoddfoot{plain}{}{}{}

\makeevenhead{cleared}{}{}{}
\makeoddhead{cleared}{}{}{}
\makeevenfoot{cleared}{}{\thepage}{}
\makeoddfoot{cleared}{}{\thepage}{}
\makeheadrule{plain}{\textwidth}{1pt}

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
  * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
  * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
  * Troubleshooters.Com
  * http://www.troubleshooters.com

--
Marc J. Driftmeyer
Email :: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>