Helge Hafting wrote:
On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 02:46:07PM +0100, Christian Schanz wrote:

Hello,

I am currently finishing my master thesis with the help of LyX. I have to use a special front page. The Layout for this front page was given to me as a Word-Document. So I converted this to a PDF-File with Openoffice.org.

What is the best way to insert this PDF-File into my LyX Document? I have attached a small LyX-Sample (I am using the koma classes) of how I am doing it now.

Currently I can only insert the page with about 80% of its size and an additional page is inserted aber the front page.

A pdf file can be inserted as graphichs, provided that you're
using pdflatex to generate a pdf document.  That's the way I use to
get xfig figures into pdf documents.  You should probably not have
any page breaks in the included pdf file, but I guess you can avoid
that seeing that you make it yourself.

a pagebreak is no problem, you can choose the page by number

As for a "page picture" like this being too large - it will
always be too large as it contains margins and everything. It is
a whole page, which latex mistakenly tries to fit inside the text area.

in this case it is wrong to use \includegraphics, better
\includepdf -> see Jürgens answer

You can, however, tell latex not to do that by using some box commands.
A "\raisebox" can contain stuff of any height, but you can tell latex
that it counts as zero height.  That way, it doesn't cause a page break.
There are another box command where you can specify the
width too. Using this you can force latex to believe a graphich takes no space at all - useful for backgrounds and possibly other cases.

these are real hacks ...
there are packages for such purposes.

Herbert