Johan Tegin wrote:
Hi,
Got problems using a new class file...

I put the file in all possible places. Did run texhash as root. Reconfigured LyX twice. Still, I cannot use the desired class (ifacmtg.cls).

It is visible and viewable under View->TeX Information->LaTeX Classes. The file resides on the following locations: (Yes, they should not be all necessary i hope, but I got this working with IEEEtran.cls a while and thats how many IEEEtran files I ended up with then :-) But I cannot recall how i did it :-( )

/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/lyx/tex/ifacmtg.cls
/sw/share/lyx/tex/ifacmtg.cls
/sw/share/texmf/tex/latex/ifacmtg.cls
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/ifacmtg/ifacmtg.cls

Any ideas on what to do? What is the correct procedure? Is it outlined anywhere?

Thanks,
Johan

btw... Running all versions of lyx (aqua, x11, qt) under OS X 10.3.9.

I assume that by "cannot use" you mean it does not show up in the Layout->Document->Layout->Document class: list? If so, it might be because you do not have a LyX layout file associated with it. (Or do you?)

You might have a look at http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Layouts/Layouts.

Paul