Kevin> Ray Jackson writes:
>> I've found that I can omit a question by selecting it with the
>> mouse and then clicking Insert->Note in the menu bar. The question
>> will no longer appear in the output file as it is now a LyX note.
>> The problem is that I can't seem to reverse the process so the
>> question is available again for later. Does anyone have a solution?

Concerning notes, the branch feature of LyX 1.4 will do what you want
and more.

Kevin> That might be a nice feature. I know it was very helpful to me
Kevin> that one could do the same with text going into a footnote; I
Kevin> imagine that a reverse step with footnotes might also be useful
Kevin> (perhaps via right-mouse clicking on the note?).

This was the so-called 'melt' feature, which is gone now. I think it
is going to come back at some time in 1.4.x.

JMarc