----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>; "Martin Geisler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: sixth release of LyXWinInstaller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Geisler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Cc: <lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 12:35 PM

it contained spaces. If there are no spaces it works. So the LyX
browse option ought to determine that the Windows folder contains
spaces and then produce a popup warning which says "The browse
option is not available since you have installed a .bst file to a
Windows directory without spaces." I don' think so.
^with^<<<<<< correction.

The Windows user without the hacker proclivity follows the setup
defaults and puts the .bst files into a directory designated by the
doc to contain them. If they acquire a custom .bst file they follow
the documented procedure for placing them in that same designated
location.

Actually I think the doc recommends putting custom files
in C:\localtexmf which is not the "same designated location".
So C:\localtexmf\bibtex\bst