"mail.k" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I still have some newbie problems. The text in my document
> occasionally runs past the right margin in dvi, postscript, and pdf
> output.

Maybe there simply isn't a good way to break the line at that place?

TeX will only strech the interword spaces to a certain limit, and if
it still cannot find a hyphenation point it will simply leave the
offending material in place (sticking out into the margin as you
describe) and complain about an overfull hbox (horizontal box).

If there really isn't any place where one could hyphenate, then simply
rewrite the paragraph a bit.  Adding or deleting a word normally
helps.

If you think that TeX ought to hyphenate your word, then make sure
that you have set the language correctly for the document in LyX.

Also, you should make sure that hyphenation support for that language
is enabled in LaTeX.  How to enable languages for hyphenation differ
From system to system, as far as I remeber then MikTeX has a GUI for
controlling it, other systems use a command called texconfig.  Look in
the documentation.

--
Martin Geisler                                     GnuPG Key: 0x7E45DD38

PHP Exif Library      |  PHP Weather             |  PHP Shell
http://pel.sf.net/    |  http://phpweather.net/  |  http://mgeisler.net/
Read/write Exif data  |  Show current weather    |  A shell in a browser