----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean-Marc Lasgouttes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "LyX Announce" <lyx-announce@lists.lyx.org>; "LyX Users" <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>; "LyX Mechanics" <lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:40 AM
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] LyX 1.3.7 is released

Public release of LyX version 1.3.7
===================================

We are pleased to announce the release of LyX 1.3.7.

We hope that this will be the last release in the 1.3.x series. In
addition to many bug fixes, the following improvements are worth
noting:

- LyX 1.3.7 is able to read all LyX files up to file format 245,
 the format that we anticipate will be used by the forthcoming LyX 1.4.0.

- The windows version has received some polish, in particular in the
 installer and in the handling of file names.

Apparently this version of the Lyx Windows 1.3.7 release uses the
Angus installer rather than the Uwe installer. The result is that on
several machines the Angus installer fails to complete because it
does not run the configure script and consequently no textclass.lst.

The fix is to run the Msys sh.exe on C: ~\lyx\Resources\lyx\configure

It was my understanding that this warning was to be included in
the install script so that if the user experienced this problem, then
he would know how to fix it. Nor do I see this remedy mentioned
on http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyX137 the Wiki 137 page.

This post is for the benefit of those users who experience this
problem and then search the User mailing list looking for an
answer. I find it rather odd that Uwe, who was able to reproduce
this error and send Angus the file which he thought caused the
problem, should recommend removing the warning documentation
as too likely to confuse Windows users in comparison to seeing
major error messages and LyX not even starting up. Anyway this
post should remind more users of the solution.

Regards,
Stephen