Hi.
I'm using the "hightlght" program to hightlight C++ code that I include in my
LyX files. I have created an external template so I can include C++ files
with ease.

But the problem is that with small pieces of code, only a few lines, it is a
little bit too much work to create all these small files of only a few lines
and include them all. And I also loose the ability to see the code inside of
LyX.

I would really like to write the code directly in LyX and have it hightlighted
by the "highlight" program (not nessecerily inside of LyX, but at least in
the output). Is this possible?

LyX-Code would be perfect if it could be turned into  somekind of "C++-Code".

Creating a new environment seems to be one way to go, but what should that
environment look like? Should I export it as  LaTeX file, run a few scripts
that extracts, highlights, and include the C++ code again?

Any ideas?