I don't have a copy of the TeXbook, but the error message reads,

"Missing number, treated as zero.

"A number should have been here; I inserted 0. (If you can't figure out why I
needed to see a number, look up `weird error' in the index to The TeXbook.)"

  What I did:

  I took a document in the article class and changed that to koma-article
class. Above the title I added a line, made that line a titlehead
environment, and inserted my letterhead logo as a figure float. Then I saved
the document and tried to view it as a .dvi by pressing ctrl-d. The above was
the first of three error boxes.

  In another document created from scratch, as a koma-report class, the .pdf
insertion worked just fine.

  A pointer to the meaning of the error message would be very helpful.

TIA,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"