Martijn> I have compiled lyx 1.4pre3 with the gtk frontend and I am
Martijn> really impressed by its looks. However, there are still a few
Martijn> dialogs in Xforms format. The website says that only a few
Martijn> speed issues will be solved before 1.4. Does this mean that
Martijn> the final 1.4 will still have a mixed gtk/xforms UI?

No, the gtk frontend, which does not exist officially (meaning we
won't advertise it until it is ready) is allowed to change as it wants
for now. Actually, it does not use any xforms form as of today and
crashes instead when you ask for a missing dialog! Also several
dialogs have been implemented since 1.4.0pre3 (an unexpected (by me)
surge of activity).

There is also a good probability to have a brand new Qt4 frontend
in some 1.4.x version.

JMarc