>    I've not tried invoking two instances of LyX, with a different document in
> each, and transferring text from one to the other. Is this where the problem
> shows up?

This is the case. I sometimes open two lyx sessions (instances) when I
need to refer to another file, or another part of a long lyx file.
Copy/paste between two windows becomes impossible! I can not use
middle button, can not even use paste external selection. (If I have
to, I can paste to emacs, copy, and paste to the other lyx session. Of
course formula will be messed up.)

As a side note, it would be nice to be able to display two windows of
the same or different lyx files. This will make copy paste between two
files (or differnt parts of the same file) much easier. Opening two
main windows (like MS word does now) is OK provided that copy/paste
between these two windows is possible.

Bo