Hi,

I just installed the 1.3.7 on two windows machines (XP and 2000) which
had aspell preinstalled in c:/aspell.
I cannot get lyx to use aspell. What should I do.

When you say this what do you mean? If you produce a test doc with clearly misspelled words and put the cursor at the start of the doc and select spell check from teh menu what happens?

Do you hjave a dictrionary installed?

ON the other hand if you are trying to change ispell to aspell in the preferences then this wont work. It always says I spell.

I changed the preview to call : acrord32.exe because there was nothing
there.

Now it calls acrobat reader but the reader always says "file not found"

Any ideas? (sorry if these questions have already been asked. I couldn't
find out how to search the mailing lists...)

Is the reader open before the call to view pdf? Try closing acrobat andf then selecting preview in lyx.

Primrose