Alfonso Gazo wrote:

> After, when generating the PDF file, it produces a messy graphic just in
> the place the SVG graphic should be. I've found that LyX is somewhat
> converting from SVG to EPS and then to PNG. Finally, PNG image is
> included in PDF file.

Correct. This is unfortunately hardcoded in LyX.

> If I run svg2eps on my own and then I include the EPS file into the LyX
> document (instead of the SVG one), output produced is right.
>
> Any ideas?

You could define a template in ~/.lyx/external_templates and include it as
"external material". This has the disadvantage that you cannot preview the
image in LyX, but you have full control over the file that gets included
for pdflatex.

You could also file a bug report at http://bugzilla.lyx.org so that this
does not get forgotten (also the missing SVG format and converter).

Finally you could hack your copy of LyX to do domething more intelligent
(see function findTargetFormat() in src/insets/insetgraphics.C.

Georg