David L. Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 10:30:16 +0100
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Herbert" == Herbert Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Herbert> this is nonsense! How did you insert it? 2^{Q} is a math
Herbert> expression, it cannot be part of \textrm, it should be an
Herbert> argument of\mathrm

Herbert, while we are at it, does it ever make sense to use \textrm in
math? I am a bit puzzled about what this really does. I would tend to
use \mathrm{} for a variable name in upright shape, and \mbox{} or
\text{} for something which is more like a word.

I believe the advantage will be for entering more than one word, with spaces
and all.  At any rate, the simple toggle to insert text this way means that
that is what I have been doing for years with it, to no ill effect.

this is what I wanted to say, if you know what you are
doing, \textrm is a nice macro inside math ...

Herbert