Hello everyone,

I recently reinstalled my windows and thus had to reinstall Miktex and Lyx.
For an obscure reason Lyx (even the new version 1.7) doesn't want to work anymore because it can't use latex.

Miktex 2.4 is well configured (TexnicCenter works) and latex is in my PATH :

$ latex
This is e-TeX, Version 3.141592-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4)
**

Running configure, it appears that Lyx doesn't find a proper latex :

$ ./configure
checking for a LaTeX2e program... (latex latex2e)
+checking for "latex"... not useable
+checking for "latex2e"... no

I have already seen this message on the internet (including this mailing list) but it was on Linux systems and the answers were more than fuzzy about the origin of the problem.

Is that because Miktex now uses e-tex and Lyx wants Latex2e ?
Is there something that should be in my PATH that isn't yet ?

I really don't understand what I have done wrong because both Miktex and Lyx are freshly installed.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin