Myriam Abramson wrote:
Herbert Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled furiously:
Myriam Abramson wrote:

Hi!
Sorry if that's well known already but I am getting confused by
different answers I read on this issue.

write into the preamble:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}

Okay, I've seen that in the wiki lyx. So to have the latin modern
fonts installed, I need to install cm-super from CTAN, correct?

only when the the lmodern are not present.
control it with
kpsewhich lmodern.sty

One more question: How do I know that True Type1 fonts are being used
in the pdf? What exactly should I see in the pdf under File->Document
settings->fonts ?  Right now, doing nothing, I see under the used
column: "embedded subset - Type 1" .

Type 1 is always ok, otherwise there will be a Type 3.

Herbert