----- Original Message ----- From: "Jose' Matos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: xforms needed question

On Thursday 16 February 2006 22:52, Tom Poe wrote:
I checked for xforms download, and ran into problems trying to locate
the proper file.  The Redhat link for rpm, for example, gave me an error
message that it couldn't change ftp directory.  Does anyone know where I
can download Xforms files?  Or, should I try to use QT, and follow the
INSTALL directions?  I'm using the Gnome GUI, not the KDE GUI.
Here's message when I tried to install 1.3.7 on FC4:
Configuration
  Host type:                      i686-pc-linux-gnu
Special build flags: xforms-image-loader use-pspell use-ispell
  C   Compiler:                   gcc
  C   Compiler flags:             -g -O2
  C++ Compiler:                   g++ (4.0.2)
  C++ Compiler flags:             -O
  Linker flags:
  Frontend:                       xforms
    libXpm version:               4.11
    libforms version:
  Packaging:                      posix
    LyX binary dir:               /usr/local/bin
    LyX files dir:                /usr/local/share/lyx
**** The following problems have been detected by configure.
**** Please check the messages below before running 'make'.
**** (see the section 'Problems' in the INSTALL file)
** Cannot find libforms or libxforms. Please check that the xforms library
   is correctly installed on your system.
** Cannot find forms.h. Please check that the forms library
   is correctly installed on your system.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] lyx-1.3.7]

Usually this errors means that you need to install xforms-devel, in addition
to xforms (if we are speaking about rpms).

--
José Abílio

ftp://ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/lyx/pre/

This folder includes the xforms1.0 rpm,src and developer files. I
tested this Windows and started the download by double-clicking
and also right-click and copy to folder on my home machine.

I just built this yesterday. http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Download

I saw the lyx-1.3.7.tar.gz  file first and used it because I didn't
see the  lyx-1.3.7-1fc4_qt.i386.rpm  below it.

I think tar.gz doesn't get added to the rpm installed list,
so maybe the rpm is better. I did have LyX 1.3.6 installed
by rpm so I started with rpm -e lyx

When I read INSTALL, I think it uses xforms by default and
I didn't mess with it. Just ran ./configure I think the process
_might_ have stopped with a missing lib.png.so.2 error message.
(unless that came from the dvipdfm package which I wanted to
test which is why I installed LyX137)
Maybe I deleted it with the rpm erase of LyX136, I don't know.
Anyway I fixed it by using   yum install lib.png.so.2
which works pretty automatically most of the time for most files.
I haven't tried it, yum install xforms. Anyway you have the link.

Regards,
Stephen