On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Paul Smith wrote:

> On 2/20/06, icebna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I don't know. My experience is few. Can you help me, for know as built
> > the rpm to update my lyx-1.3.6 ?
>
> Certainly, I can help you with my best pleasure. The procedure is as follows:
>
> 1. download the source of LyX 1.3.7 from
>
> ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable/lyx-1.3.7.tar.gz
>
> 2. uncompress it;
>
> 3. go inside the directory where it is uncompressed the source of LyX;
>
> 4. on the command line run the command:
>
> ./configure  --with-frontend=qt --with-pspell
>
> 5. run the command make;
>
> 6. become superuser and run checkinstall.
>
> Your rpm will be built at the end! That is not too difficult, believe me.

Won't he need some Qt-related packages in order to build it?

Having said that, I took the liberty of placing your instructions on this
page for future reference:

        http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnRedHat

Of course, I just noticed that it's not really RedHat but Mandriva.. hope
that doesn't matter.

/Christian