----- Original Message ----- From: "Joerg Hau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: Automatic formatting of a particular word?

An example of what I am looking for: Open a document in LyX, write e.g.
"LyX is a kind of LaTeX frontend" (upper/lowercase!), and go to the
preview ... the two words "LyX" and "LaTeX" are displayed in their very
particular style, but without any need to have them ERT'd.

... how can I get this behavior with "any" word?

Cheers,

- Joerg

Oh, that is easy after they tell you how to do it!
For instance XYpic is one of those words which has the
Y typeset below the line. So I asked how to fix it on
comp.text.tex Subject: "Tex4ht htlatex conversion problem"

Stephen asked:
"With the current version of LY X and with the preview-style
installed in the LATEX-System, the graph drawing package XY -Pic"
Perhaps htlatex doesn't support any special typset to LyX which
is similar to that used with LaTeX? Is there a config file to define
LyX in an upper/lower manner like LaTeX? I know how to edit
the html code to correct this, but I want to know what caused it?

Eitan Gurari graciously explained:
"I modified the tex4ht distribution to include a definition
similar to the following one for \Xy.

\def\Xy{\HCode{<span class="Xy">}X\HCode{<span
     class="Y">}Y\HCode{</span>}}
  \Css{span.Xy span.Y{ position:relative; top:0.35ex;left:-0.25em;}}

\LyX can use a variant of the above definition."

SH: I'm assuming that by "get this behavior with 'any word' "

you mean how do I modify the appearance in any particular

word to have the style variation of individual letters within that word,

(like LaTeX) and the answer is to change the letter's x,y spatial

coordinates similar in principle to the example of this html code.

As above, so below

Stephen