----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:03 AM
Subject: Re: LyX fails picture conversion

On 2/20/06, Herbert Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>You are luckier, as there is no binary of dvipdfmx for Linux!
>>
>>e.g.:
>>
>>/usr/local/texlive/2005/bin/i386-linux/dvipdfmx
>
> You are luckier, Herbert. With tetex, no dvipdfmx, unless it is
> contained in some package that I have not installed. Do people here
> with tetex have dvipdfmx?

CTAN:
ftp://dante.ctan.org/tex-archive/dviware/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx-20050831.tar.gz
Debian: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/tex/dvipdfmx
MAC:    http://dvipdfmx.darwinports.com/
         http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/dvipdfmx

I have just installed dvipdfmx, but when running it, I get

$ dvipdfmx test2.dvi
teste2.dvi -> test2.pdf

** WARNING ** Failed to load AGL file "glyphlist.txt"...
[1]
7284 bytes written
$

Notwithstanding, pdf file is generated.

Paul

You can use
find / -name glyphlist.txt
to see if the file exists and where it is installed.
[Perhaps /usr/share/texmf/dvipdfm/glyphlist.txt]

So if you already have the file, that narrows the problem down. :-)

Did you run texconfig rehash after you installed the package in order
to refresh the Tetex filename database (fndb)?

Regards,
Stephen