The problem continues to exist:
Matthias Schmidt schrieb am Dienstag, 21. Februar 2006 um 17:32:

> I`m working with WinXP, Lyx 1.3.7 and JabRef 2.0.1.

> The citation reference is positioned in the footnote. The bibliography
> for the document is formatted as natbib and author-year. So far so
> good: in the Lyx user interface the result is given correct as in this
> case
>      "Gerhard (1953)".
> So: Lyx can find the name of the author.

> But in the dvi-preview and in the pdf-print is the citation reference
> printed as
>      "(author ?)[2]"
> Here the name of the author cannot be found. It should be something
> with autor and year.

> What has happened there? What's wrong?

Paul answered:
Maybe LyX is not running latex often enough?  If you export the document
as LaTeX and run latex three or four times against it, does the DVI
eventually come out correctly?

Herbert answered:
I suppose, that you enabled the bibliography not from within
LyX. If so, then you have to run bibtex by yourself, which
is not the best choice ... use LyX for with insert->bibliography.

well, I checked it: latex is running 3 times, and the bibliography is
inserted within Lyx. So, the problem continues to exist! I don't
understand, why I can see the citation reference in Lyx correct, but
in the dvi-preview and pdf-print it is wrong

--
Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen
Matthias Schmidt

--