Stephen Harris wrote:

> By "massaging" don't you mean proofreading and editing. Also
> I once posted that Fabrice Popineau stated that tex4ht was the
> best method (better than png) available for conversion from
> Latex to Word. It is, but that still falls short of "great" when
> compared to LyX->pdf conversion.

I totally agree with you. TeX4ht will not work well with documents
impossible (or very difficult) to create in Word with formulas, diagrams,
etc. But in my field of work, Medieval History, it is possible today to
write an article in Lyx and at the end of the process convert it to MsWord.

It is very important for me because 100 % of Scientific Journals and
Publishers in my field of study demand MsWord. I don't really care for a
'perfect' translation ; Journals will then reformat the article in their
own DTP system, I just don't want to loose any formatting information.

One should say loudly that TeX4ht works because it is too common knowledge
in LaTeX circles that Word and LaTeX are incompatible.

Cheers,
Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org