----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcelo Acuña" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Helge Hafting" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: I need workaround of encoding problem

I get a new hard disk, and I installed suse 9.3, with
this I installed lyx 1.3.5. I make several
installations with different options, (english US,
spanish, english UK, for default language, etc.)
Spellchecker no work in any case. I make trial with
export LANG=es_ES, I get that lyx appears with menu,
but spellchecker no work.
Marcelo

I forgot to mention something. You have a new hard disk.
You need to install your LyX helper programs (Aspell etc.)
before installing LyX. Otherwise LyX can't incorporate them.

If you installed Aspell after LyX, then Lyx doesn't know about it.
You would need to go to LyX->Edit->Reconfigure in order to
update LyX's awareness that Aspell (or other apps) is now installed.
You should still manually (not in LyX) check that Aspell works.

I'll bet you a dollar to a donut* that you have a dictionary problem,
Stephen

*In the olden days in the US a dollar used to be worth more than
the cost of a donut so I would be laying favorable odds to you.