Hi. I have a problem with figure alignment and placement next to text.

  Basically I need to place some figure right next to some short text,
where the text is aligned either at the center of the figure or at the
top, as in:

Some text         +--------->+
                  |          |
                  |          |
                  |          |
                  +--------->+

  I have tried many things, such as putting the text and figure inside a
table, and setting the alignments for each cell, or putting them in
minipages and setting the alignment too. However nothing seems to work,
and the text is always aligned with the bottom of the figure.
Furthermore, the Alignment parameters do not seem to do what their name
suggests. If, for instance, I put the text in a minipage with "Top"
alignment and the figure in a minipage with "Bottom" alignment, I get
the text a little bit below the figure!

  How can I achieve such placement?

  Thanks.

--
Ernesto Posse
Modelling, Simulation and Design Lab - School of Computer Science