I'm baffled!
I've just installed Paul Smith's rpm package for LyX 1.3.7 in my Mandriva 2006
LE system.  He developed the package for Mandriva 2005 LE, but the package
seemed to work for the 2006 release as well.

However, I just noticed that I lost the display of several math symbols like
Greek letters, \parallel, \perp, etc.  I lost them only on the display;
LyXPreview shows the symbols all right.

I tried installing the auxiliary packages fonts-ttf-latex-0.1-1mdk.noarch.rpm
and latex-xft-fonts-0.1-1.noarch.rpm alternatively and also with both
packages installed and nothing works.  I even uninstalled the 1.3.7 package
and returned to the 1.3.6 version, but still no symbols on display.

Does anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

--
Rudi Gaelzer
Department of Physics