Juergen> Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
>> But note that this will trigger the bug which has been fixed by
>> this line, i.e. ~ in ERT is not a protected space, but an active
>> character.

Juergen> protected space will be broken in general, to be precise.
Juergen> I.e., foo_na (where _ is a protected space) will result in
Juergen> fooƱa.

I see now that spanish.ldf provides a \deactivatetilden macro that
deactivates only ~n and ~N.

Anyway, instead of making people rely on these shortcuts, we should
probably have support for a special character that disables line
breaks (is that \nobreak?)

JMarc