On 09/03/2006, at 1:06 AM, David L. Johnson wrote:
There are several options to generate html from latex files. You should be able to use tth (I gather this is a Windows machine, which I know little about, but check the tth website to see whether there is a Windows version; there probably is), which does not generate bitmap graphics of mathematical expressions; it does it all in (really ugly code) html, and it displays quite nicely on most browsers. It is at least worth a try. One thing to check is how whatever browser you have with the PDA handles the code. I will send you
a sample output by e-mail.

LyX should be able to be re-configured to use tth instead of whatever you are
using.

Thanks to everyone that helped me out, it *was* (the lack of) ImageMagick in the end that caused the problems. I thought I had installed it, but due to dependencies and the order I installed (I suppose), it didn't work the first time.

I attempted the tth-converted file David sent me, but unfortunately it was no good on my palm, using Plucker, with strange formatting such as odd ruled-line breaks mid-formulae. (It *is* only palm v.4, so perhaps I am limited in my options.)

I did have the default htlatex working reasonably well, but on my palm I appear to run into two other problems.

1. The code I use for nesting a list item *on the same line* as an itemize item doesn't translate. I use the ERT code "{}" within an itemise paragraph, and then the list environment on the next (nested right one), which displays fine on pdf, but converts onto the next line on all html. (This is a relatively minor issue.)

2. Certain characters don't seem to work on my palm (possible de- encoding issues?). For example, instead of a dot product sign, I get "×" and other symbols such as theta are similarly represented. I know this is probably just issues with my (old) palm's programs (Plucker), but would there be a way to force htlatex to encode more primitively and convert more symbols to png?

Thanks,
Lee.
--
Lee Yeoh