Am Dienstag, 14. März 2006 17:52 schrieb Charles de Miramon:
> I have a layout file for the class lettre (French letter) that I attach
that
> does not work in 1.4. Adding Include numarticle.inc in the layout file
does
> not solve the problem.

The file contains a typo

Input stdlayout.inc

is wrong, correct is

Input stdlayouts.inc

I am a bit surprised that LyX does not tell you the invalid line. The
error handling of layout file reading certainly has to be improved.

> LyX 1.4 on a .lyx with custom layouts file from 1.3 is also causing
> problems. When you try to open help, LyX explains that it cannot find
the
> book class. Erasing the .lyx/layouts/ solbve the problem

Maybe you have a customized book layout file there that also needs one of
the numxxx includes?

Georg