On Tuesday 14 March 2006 17:55, Robert van der Kamp wrote:
> Hi list, long time ago for me. I see you guys have been
> busy. :)

  Hi Robert,
        good to see you again.

  I don't think that all is in place to do what you want.

> I'm starting a BIG documentation project involving a huge
> C/C++ source tree of about 70 different systems
> (subfolders). Let me explain what I want to do, and
> hopefully you can tell me if this is possible in Lyx.
>
> 1. I want each of the systems have their own document,
> explaining the system's features, etc.

  One way would be to have a master document in the root and then use the
other documents as slaves. So each project would have its lyx file (That
could include other files...).

> 2. I want to be able to hyperlink from these documents to
> other Lyx documents (e.g. a section, a table, a figure), or
> to certain functions or other contructs in the C/C++ source
> code.

  In lyx that requires to always load the master document.

> 3. I want a number of Lyx documents at the top level,
> referring to the different system doc files, again using
> hyperlinks, thus creating a nice web of hyperlinked docs.

  It is the master/slave relation from above.

> 4. I want a single big PDF created from all of these
> documents (using a master document I guess), where each of
> the (about 80) documents

  Simple export the master to pdf.

> 5. And finally I need all the individual files converted to
> HTML, the HTML file stored next to the orginal Lyx file in
> the corresponding subfolders, and with the hyperlinks now
> pointing to the associated HTML file instead of the
> original Lyx file, thus creating a nice web of HTML
> documentation.

  Here you need to tweak the latex to html converters as it is not possible
now.

--
José Abílio