On Mar 22, 2006, at 12:55 PM, aufschreibesysteme wrote:

Same problem here on Tiger (10.4.5). Have tried de and de_DE in the environment.plist.

greetings G.

Hi,

I installed LyX 1.4 on my Mac (Mac OS X 10.3.9) from Binary Package (8.3.2006, 21:35:00). The GUI is written in english, the Help-Files are in german.
.MacOSX/environment.plist sets the lang to de .

Start with -dbg 8 says:
Could not find Qt translations for locale de

Lyx 1.3.7 works complete in german.

What can I do?

It works as it should for me.

After modifying environment.plist, did you log out and back in again as the instructions indicate?

What happens if you enter the following in Terminal.app:

export LANG=de
open /Applications/LyX.app

(substituting the appropriate path to your LyX 1.4 application)?

Bennett