Matthias Schmidt wrote:
Hello,

Lyx is running on my pc now, but I cannot export or view lyx-files as
pdf. When I want to view a file as pdf, I get the comment "No
information for viewing PDF (dvipdfm or pdflatex)"

How can I solve the problem?

The 1.4.x installer does not automatically add Acrobat Reader (if that's what you use to read PDFs). You can fix this by going to Tools->Preferences->Paths and adding to the PATH prefix the path to the directory that contains acrord32.exe, then Tools->Preferences->File formats, highlight PDF (pdflatex), enter acrord32 in the Viewer field, click modify, do the same for PDF (dvipdfm) and PDF (ps2pdf), and finally click Save.

That said, I recommend instead that you follow the directions at http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinTips#pdfview (with Edit->Preferences changed to Tools->Preferences). If you view output as a PDF, then modify the file and try to view the new version, you get an error (saying Reader was unable to open the file) unless you first close the original version in Acrobat Reader. The tools described on the wiki eliminate that problem.

/Paul