Hi!

>>    1. How can I put some text in the upper right corner of the first
>> page
>>    (documentclass article)?
>
>Insert a margin note along your title and inside the margin note put a
>ERT box with \vspace{-2cm} and write the text you want in the upper
>right corner in the margin note. (You might try different lengths to
>get the correct height of the text). If your text is wider than the
>margin it will wrap and you will nead to use \fancyhdr instead...

What is an ERT box? I have searched for "ERT" in the user's guide, but
I didn't find anything. I think, however, that a margin note would be
too small. I suppose I'll have to learn how fancyhdr works.

>Insert->Special formatting->Horizonal fill

Well, then the text gets right allignment. I don't want that.

>>    2. Normally, the first line of a paragraph should be indented and
>> not
>>    the rest, but sometimes I want it to be on the contrary, with
>> every line
>>    except the first one indented. Is that possible?
>
>The easiest way is the increase the margin width and put a negative
>indentation in the document setup dialog. (-5 mm)

I only want a small part of the document to be like that. If I do
this, the whole document will change, won't it?

>> 3. How can I start a new paragraph without starting a new
>> number in a numbered list? I mean that I want to have more
>> than one paragaph to a number.
>
> Create your new paragraph as Standard (or something else as itemize
> for a nested enumeration) and use Edit>Increase List Depth.

That doesn't seem to work. I don't want a space between the
paragraphs, but I want the first line of the new one to be indented,
which it isn't with ctrl+enter.

>> 4. When I have a figure, I can put the
>> text (example: "Figure 1: A nice picture") above and beside
>> the figure, but is it possible to put the text below the
>> figure?

Pressing enter before inserting the figure helped. Thanks!

--
Albert Pettersson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]