Robert Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Sam,
>
> I wonder if you might be able to provide some
> instructions on how to make a usbstick compatible LyX?

No problem; it's rather straight forward. You could just install directly onto
your usb stick. Alternatively, create a directory on your desktop called (e.g.
PortableLyX) install everything in there (msys, python, lyx, etc.) and drag the
folder directly onto your usb stick.

I have not installed a latex distribution, as I only need LyX outside my office
to organise my notes. I would assume that miktex might also work on a stick, but
I can’t confirm this. However, I tested LyX 1.3.3-Win32 on a USB stick with a
latex distro on a network drive. It was rather slow but enabled me to export
pdflatex, after reconfiguring LyX.

Hope this helps. Let me know your results.

Cheers, Sam