Gerhard Schaffer wrote:

But the problem is, that I cannot start sh and get an error message

P:\Utility\LaTex\LyX141\bin>sh
AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x715B0000, RegionSize 0x4D0000, State 0x10000 P:\Utility\LaTex\LyX141\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 6

I suspect your problem is related to the msys files being installed on drive P, although I'm not sure exactly what is missing or misconfigured. On the Win2K machine where LyX worked, did you also install to a networked or attached drive, or did you install to C?

/Paul