On 5/10/06, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a LyX file designed for printing, with large image files etc.
> The PDF created is over 3MB, and I would now like to make a 72dpi
> version to publish online.  I can't find anything in the documentation
> about forcing resampling of the images, can anyone share how this is
> done?  It has to be pdflatex due to some packages I'm using.

I don't know how to do this in LyX, but if you're on Windows, you could
install PDFCreator (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator), which
is a printer driver to generate PDF output, then print your document
through it.  It has an option to change the print resolution.

I have never used it, but Multivalent claims that it is able to
compress pdf files:

http://multivalent.sourceforge.net/

Paul