Hi,

  I am trying to install lyx-1.4.1 on Redhat9. I have installed
rpm's of
libforms-1.0-release
libforms-devel-1.0-release

then used /sbin/ldconfig

then on using
 ./configure --with-frontend=xforms

I get the following error message:-
 Host type:                      i686-pc-linux-gnu
  Special build flags:            compression  jpeg-image-loader
use-ispell
  C   Compiler:                   gcc
  C   Compiler LyX flags:
  C   Compiler flags:               -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2
  C++ Compiler:                   g++ (3.2.2)
  C++ Compiler LyX flags:          -fno-exceptions
  C++ Compiler flags:               -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2
  Linker flags:
  Linker user flags:
  XForms Frontend:
      libXpm version:           4.11
      libforms version:         1.0.0
  Packaging:                      posix
  LyX binary dir:                 /usr/local/bin
  LyX files dir:                  /usr/local/share/lyx

**** The following problems have been detected by configure.
**** Please check the messages below before running 'make'.
**** (see the section 'Problems' in the INSTALL file)

** Cannot find libforms or libxforms. Please check that the xforms library
   is correctly installed on your system.

What could be the problem? Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Subir