On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 10:04:20PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Andre> As I said: The current behaviour was implemented explicitly as
> Andre> response to a very detailed user-request.
>
> Andre> I don't like it particularily, but I don't like the \# <-> #,
> Andre> \{ <-> { business either.
>
> What would you do about it? I think it is confusing that it depends on
> some setting that the user may not be aware of. I was thinking of
> removing it, but we should provide a simple way to produce a align.

About the align/eqnarray stuff? Use eqnarray as we did until 1.2 or
such.  If someone wants aling he could setup a key binding on
math-mutate align (or such). I'd also accept a new LFUN but don't
consider this a high priority.

Alternately, use eqnarray if 'no ams' is selected, 'align' when ams
is forced, and disable the function when AMS detection is 'auto'.

When I think about it, this might be not the worst option.

Andre'