Hi again,

> Am Mittwoch, 17. Mai 2006 07:47 schrieb K. Elo:
> > Hi,

> > You can also use e.g. the editor Kate: Open the bibliography in Kate,
> > then select Tools->Encoding->ISO-8859-1 and finally save the file.
> > Ready!
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Kimmo
>
> Kimmo,
>
> I followed your suggestion. However, the dvi output does still not displays
> the diacretics correctly.

Have You checked out the file to be sure the conversion of special
characters worked correctly?

> Could it be that by entering the bibfile by lyx it
> checks the first line of the bibfile which still says:
> This file was created with JabRef 1.7.1.
> Encoding: UTF-8
> and could I just through these lines out or replace it with the iso-8859-1?

First, maybe You should upgrade Jabref to 2.0.1? It's really worth
upgrading.

Second, I'm not sure if replacing the header really helps. My own Jabref
bibliography begins with:

This file was created with JabRef 2.0.1.
Encoding: ISO8859_1

You may try replacing the encoding definition manually, maybe it
helps...

Kind regards,
Kimmo