Patton, Eric wrote:
I have a figure float in my paragraph that looks pretty good; the caption is
centered in the page, but the image itself is left-justified, seemingly by
default. None of the right-click context menu options seems to allow the
justification of the image itself, only the float position on the page.

Is it possible to center the image in the page, above the caption?

Put the cursor alongside the image, and center it the same way you would center a paragraph. In LyX 1.4.x, this would be Edit->Paragraph settings; in 1.3.x, it would be Layout->Paragraph.

/Paul