On May 21, 2006, at 3:43 AM, Hans-Georg Stork wrote:

Bennett,

I used i-installer version v2 (2.69.0) that comes with TeX-fat.dmg as described in http://ii2.sourceforge.net/tex-index.html.

I am attaching the two LyX preference files (135 and 141) as you suggest. Also included is the LyX141 installation report (if that's of any value).

The LyX141 installation report indicates that you had a LyX user's folder at ~/Library/Application Support/LyX-1.4 when you ran it, so it didn't change any of your user settings. (Did you run it twice? ... Did you have a LyX-1.4.0 installation previously?)

I don't see anything strange in the preference files. Your PATH Prefix settings are what I'd be worried about, and they're set correctly. So I'm puzzled why things aren't working after a Reconfigure.

Since you don't seem to have any special settings in your LyX-1.4 preferences, try simply deleting that file and restarting LyX. Does that solve the problem?

Bennett