> Do you know that we already have a math toolbar. It is disabled by
> default, and enabling it currently means editing the ui/default.ui
> file. It can be made to pop up automatically in maths, for those who
> like these kind of things.

Yes, but here come two points:

1) it should be possible to activate these without going into the text
files, why is there not View->Toolbars->Math,Extra,MiniBuffer,etc
menu which allows this?

 Actually you can activate it in lyx 1.4 without editing the
default.ui file: right-click on the toolbar and you'll get a few
options including the math toolbar.

--
Ernesto Posse
Modelling, Simulation and Design Lab - School of Computer Science